Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Redux or Ridiculous?

Redux, oh Redux. How I hate thee, Redux.

Redux was a cool idea. I was unsure at first questioning whether the performance hit and the architecture were worth it. I wasn't really given the choice as it was for my new job. So I agreed to go with it and hit the ground running. Only to discover it was like hitting my face on the ground, again, and again, and again.

Yet we were already in too deep so I powered through. Now here were are 6 months later. After dealing with potential infinite recursion, concurrent modification issues, bloated code base and PTSD... I can now say with confidence how much I dislike Redux. MVP is by far the way to go. Redux is a really cool idea, but the issues it bring with it far outweigh the shiny world of dispatching actions from anywhere and having the state magically update in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment